We are seeking an Associate Financial Planner in our Philadelphia office. Our Personal Wealth Management Career Track offers the right candidate an amazing opportunity to develop a career, guiding clients through important decisions, while shaping the future of a highly committed and cutting-edge firm. Candidates should passionately believe that client interests always come first.
Key Qualifications and Characteristics
- Seeking a defined career path in financial planning
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited four-year university
- Prefer candidate has passed the CFP® exam (may still be seeking the experience needed to use the mark)
- At least 2 years of financial planning experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Very organized, with acute attention to detail
- Self-starter, problem solver and goal-oriented team player with a ‘no job is beneath me’ attitude
- Genuinely caring by nature, empathetic and a good listener
- Demonstrates curiosity and confidence when working with others
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, eMoney Advisor, Junxure
- Assist in all aspects of the Financial Planning Process, preparing and implementing Financial Plans and updates to financial planning projections
- Support lead planner in maintaining client relationships
- Collaborate with lead planner in preparation for client meetings
- Contact clients to schedule meetings and conference calls
- Attend and participate in client meetings, taking notes for the lead planner
- Prepare client meeting notes for the lead planner to review
- Complete follow-up communication and implement actions that result from client meetings
- Update client relationship management system with notes and actions, monitoring pending items
- Communicate with client’s outside advisors such as accountants and attorneys
- Receive inbound client phone calls and emails, either addressing their needs or directing them to the appropriate team member
- Upon obtaining CFP Designation, support Employer Retirement Plan Solutions team by serving as dedicated resource for planning-related questions, building personal relationships with plan participants
- Participate in firm’s various committees in pursuit of the company’s goals
- Enthusiastically participate in, and volunteer for, industry associations such as FPA and NAPFA
- Opportunity to participate in RTD committees
Please send your cover letter, resume and answers to the following short essay questions (500 word maximum per question) to firstname.lastname@example.org. All documents should be submitted in PDF format with the filename containing your first and last name. No Phone Calls!
- Why would you like to work for RTD Financial?
- What would you bring to RTD Financial that is unique?
- What does it mean to you to put your client’s interest first?
- What are your Core Values?
Equal Employment Opportunity
RTD Financial is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and we will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
RTD’s diversity initiatives are applicable to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions, transferring, layoffs, terminations, social and recreational programs; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity.