We are seeking a Retirement Plan Specialist to join our Employer Retirement Plan Services team. This position offers the right candidate an amazing opportunity to serve our retirement plan members and enjoy a career helping to shape the future of a highly committed and cutting-edge financial planning firm. Candidates should passionately believe that client interests always come first.
- Schedule and participate in Plan Fiduciary meetings; prepare agendas with team input.
- Point person for participant inquiries, resolving issues that may arise and keeping client informed when necessary.
- Oversee investment fund changes, participant notices and other department projects.
- Participate in development and delivery of participant education campaign, including attendance at on-site and virtual meetings.
- Coordinate and lead team meetings to keep abreast of client matters and deliverables.
- Stay abreast of changes in recordkeeper procedures and deliverables and communicate same to team and clients.
- Serve as peer-resource and provide constructive feedback to the team.
- Attend and participate in various internal committee meetings. Prepare necessary materials as requested.
- Assist team with ad hoc research projects as needed.
- Assist with other Employer Retirement Plan (ERP) team member’s responsibilities if/when they are out of the office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
For consideration of the position of Retirement Plan Specialist, in addition to the above, this position is expected to:
- Properly manage individually assigned client alerts and actions within CRM program, updating with notes and actions, etc.
- Setup and launch workflows and service monitors.
- Input actions resulting from client meetings into CRM and take responsibility for follow-up.
- Support lead advisor by preparing for and taking notes during client meetings.
- Take ownership and accountability in managing service provider relationships.
- Efficiently manage calendar and time constraints.
- Proactively anticipating and resolving plan administration issues to ease client burdens.
- Effectively communicate in client & participant meetings.
- Demonstrate a commitment to RTD’s core competencies of teamwork, organization, communication, forward thinking/innovation, thoroughness/detail, and initiative, as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Able to clearly communicate our firm’s ERP philosophies and embrace our processes.
- Fully understand all business lines and identify opportunities of potential new business.
- Travel occasionally in the tri-state area
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- B.S. or B.A. degree from accredited four-year university.
- 4+ Years of experience in financial service or ideally retirement plan industry.
- Enrollment in or willingness to acquire a professional designation; CRPS, CPFA, QKA, AIF.
- Presentation and intrapersonal skills in client meetings.
- Excel and PowerPoint proficiency.
- Proactive in team and client responsibilities.
- Completeness, accuracy and thoroughness of plan documentation and applications
- Very organized, with acute attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Genuinely caring by nature, empathetic and a good listener.
- Experience and comfort with working in a supporting role as part of a team.
- Self-starter, problem solver and goal-oriented team player with a ‘no job is beneath me’ attitude.
- Demonstrates curiosity and confidence when working with others.