We are seeking a Retirement Plan Specialist to join our Employer Retirement Plan Services team. This position offers the right candidate an amazing opportunity to serve our retirement plan members and enjoy a career helping to shape the future of a highly committed and cutting-edge financial planning firm. Candidates should passionately believe that client interests always come first.
- Schedule and participate in Plan Fiduciary meetings; prepare agendas with team input.
- Point person for participant inquiries, resolving issues that may arise and keeping client informed when necessary.
- Oversee investment fund changes, participant notices and other department projects.
- Participate in development and delivery of participant education campaign, including attendance at on-site and virtual meetings.
- Coordinate and lead team meetings to keep abreast of client matters and deliverables.
- Stay abreast of changes in recordkeeper procedures and deliverables and communicate same to team and clients.
- Serve as peer-resource and provide constructive feedback to the team.
- Attend and participate in various internal committee meetings. Prepare necessary materials as requested.
- Assist team with ad hoc research projects as needed.
- Assist with other Employer Retirement Plan (ERP) team member’s responsibilities if/when they are out of the office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
For consideration of the position of Retirement Plan Specialist, in addition to the above, this position is expected to:
- Properly manage individually assigned client alerts and actions within CRM program, updating with notes and actions, etc.
- Setup and launch workflows and service monitors.
- Input actions resulting from client meetings into CRM and take responsibility for follow-up.
- Support lead advisor by preparing for and taking notes during client meetings.
- Take ownership and accountability in managing service provider relationships.
- Efficiently manage calendar and time constraints.
- Proactively anticipating and resolving plan administration issues to ease client burdens.
- Effectively communicate in client & participant meetings.
- Demonstrate a commitment to RTD’s core competencies of teamwork, organization, communication, forward thinking/innovation, thoroughness/detail, and initiative, as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Able to clearly communicate our firm’s ERP philosophies and embrace our processes.
- Fully understand all business lines and identify opportunities of potential new business.
- Travel occasionally in the tri-state area
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- B.S. or B.A. degree from accredited four-year university.
- 4+ Years of experience in financial service or ideally retirement plan industry.
- Enrollment in or willingness to acquire a professional designation; CRPS, CPFA, QKA, AIF.
- Presentation and intrapersonal skills in client meetings.
- Excel and PowerPoint proficiency.
- Proactive in team and client responsibilities.
- Completeness, accuracy and thoroughness of plan documentation and applications
- Very organized, with acute attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Genuinely caring by nature, empathetic and a good listener.
- Experience and comfort with working in a supporting role as part of a team.
- Self-starter, problem solver and goal-oriented team player with a ‘no job is beneath me’ attitude.
- Demonstrates curiosity and confidence when working with others.
Equal Employment Opportunity
RTD Financial is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and we will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
RTD’s diversity initiatives are applicable to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions, transferring, layoffs, terminations, social and recreational programs; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity.