We are seeking a Retirement Plan Consultant to join our Employer Retirement Plan Services team. This position offers the right candidate an amazing opportunity to serve our Employer Retirement Plan Sponsors and their plan participants and enjoy a career helping to shape the future of a highly committed and innovative financial planning firm. Candidates should passionately believe that client interests always come first.
- Schedule and participate in client committee meetings; prepare agenda and meeting minutes with team input.
- Point person for participant inquiries, resolving issues that may arise and keeping the client informed when necessary.
- Oversee investment fund changes, participant notices and other department projects.
- Participate in development and delivery of participant education campaigns, including attendance at on-site and virtual meetings.
- Coordinate and lead team meetings to keep abreast of client matters and deliverables.
- Stay abreast of changes in recordkeeper procedures and deliverables and communicate same to team and clients.
- Serve as a peer-resource and provide constructive feedback to the team.
- Opportunity to participate in RTD internal committee meetings.
- Assist team with ad hoc research projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In addition to the above, this candidate will be expected to:
- Responsibly manage assigned client and internal alerts and actions within CRM program.
- Setup and launch workflows and service monitors.
- Input actions resulting from client meetings into CRM and be accountable for follow-up.
- Support lead advisor by preparing for and taking notes during client meetings.
- Take ownership and accountability in managing service provider relationships.
- Efficiently manage calendar and time constraints.
- Proactively anticipating and resolving plan administration issues to ease client burdens.
- Effectively communicate in client & participant meetings.
- Demonstrate a commitment to RTD’s core competencies of teamwork, organization, communication, forward thinking/innovation, thoroughness/detail, and initiatives.
- Able to clearly communicate our firm’s philosophies and embrace our processes.
- Fully understand all business lines and identify opportunities for potential new business.
- Travel occasionally in the tri-state area
Key Qualifications and Characteristics
- BS or BA degree from accredited four-year university.
- 4+ Years of experience in financial services, ideally retirement plan industry.
- Enrollment in or willingness to acquire a professional designation such as CRPS, CPFA, QKA, AIF, Series 65.
- Presentation and intrapersonal skills in client meetings.
- Excel and PowerPoint proficiency.
- Proactive in team and client responsibilities.
- Completeness, accuracy and thoroughness of plan documentation and applications
- Organized, with acute attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Genuinely caring by nature, empathetic and a good listener.
- Experience and comfort with working in a supporting role as part of a team.
- Self-starter, problem solver and goal-oriented team player with a ‘no job is beneath me’ attitude.
- Demonstrates curiosity and confidence when working with others.
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits range from a 401(k) Plan to parent leave to early close on Fridays. Highlights include:
• Competitive Base Compensation
• Discretionary Merit Bonus
• Partnering for Success (PfS) Incentive
• Client Development and Retention Incentive
• Technology Reimbursement
• Health & Dental Insurance
• Long-term Disability
• Group Life Insurance
• Health Advocate
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Savings Account
• 401(k) with Matching and Profit Sharing
So you have time for other passions, we offer:
- Hybrid Workdays and Flexible Hours
- 3pm Close on Fridays
- Day of Service
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Time-Off
To help you learn and grow, we are committed to an education budget for each employee; RTD University coaching and mentorship program, personal financial guidance, and ownership opportunities.
Join the “RTD Life”
- Doing what you love
- With the people you love
- Making a HUGE difference
- Always learning and growing
- Having time for other passions
Please send your cover letter, resume and answers to the following short essay questions (500 word maximum per question) to email@example.com. All documents should be submitted in PDF format with the filename containing your first and last name. No Phone Calls!
- Why would you like to work for RTD Financial?
- What would you bring to RTD Financial that is unique?
- What does it mean to you to put your client’s interest first?
- What are your Core Values?
Equal Employment Opportunity
RTD Financial is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and we will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
RTD’s diversity initiatives are applicable to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions, transferring, layoffs, terminations, social and recreational programs; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity.