We are seeking a Financial Planning Intern in our Philadelphia, Pennsylvania office. If you are working toward a degree in financial planning and/or a CFP® designation, and your career goal is to become a financial planner, we are interested in speaking with you. While having completed courses in financial planning courses is definitely a plus, the most important attribute is a strong desire to be an outstanding financial planner.
You will have the opportunity to work with several financial planners and other members of the firm. This is a unique opportunity to learn from, and be a part of a progressive financial planning firm. Candidates that fit our firm’s culture prefer working on a team, believe in comprehensive financial planning with a focus on life planning, and have a commitment to the highest levels of ethics and client service. The position entails experiencing many different aspects of financial planning and having fun doing so.
Key Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Working toward a degree in Financial Planning or a related field and/or the CFP® certification
- Committed to the financial planning process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, problem solver and goal-oriented team player with ‘no job is beneath me’ attitude
- Organized, with a strong attention to detail
- Exudes professionalism and respect
- Demonstrate curiosity and confidence when interacting with financial planners
- Experience working with eMoney, Money Guide Pro, Junxure, and PortfolioCenter is a plus
- Participate as an active member of the firm, embracing RTD’s Financial Life Planning process
- Assist in preparation for client meetings
- Draft follow up letters, create emails and input actions from meetings into CRM software
- Participate in financial plan implementation
- Attend client meetings and 401k enrollment meetings, as the opportunities arise
- Prepare reports and analysis based on client service requests
- Interpret and input summarized tax information for each client into CRM software
- Assist in summarizing estate planning documents
- Opportunity to participate in RTD committees
- Assist various committees with specific projects
- Commit to continuing financial planning education
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please send your cover letter, resume and answers to the following short essay questions (500 word maximum per question) to email@example.com. All documents should be submitted in PDF format with the filename containing your first and last name. No Phone Calls!
- Why would you like to work for RTD Financial?
- What would you bring to RTD Financial that is unique?
- What does it mean to you to put your client’s interest first?
- What are your Core Values?
Equal Employment Opportunity
RTD Financial is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and we will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
RTD’s diversity initiatives are applicable to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions, transferring, layoffs, terminations, social and recreational programs; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity.